Job Description: Graphic Design Intern – Animal Shelter
Kansas City Pet Project
Title: Graphic Design Intern
Department: Marketing & Development
Reports to: Manager of Marketing & Development
Category: Unpaid Internship
Commitment: This is a flexible, summer internship requiring 8-16 hours a week and some weekends. This is an unpaid internship.
- Design high-quality flyers, posters, web graphics, cards, etc.
- Provide marketing collateral with fast turnaround (typically 2-7 days)
- Reliably communicate with Manager of Marketing & Development and other staff members who may have project requests
- Distribute marketing collateral in the community
- Maintain brand standards and KC Pet Project values in your work
- Other projects depending on intern’s desired outcome
- Proficient in design software including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Ability to work from home from own computer/own software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of typography, photo cropping/sizing, image manipulation, digital illustration, 2D composition and color.
- The ability to write clearly and accurately using proper grammar
- Creativity and willingness to try new approaches and receive constructive feedback
- Self-starter who is able to work well independently
- Must be able to work in a crowded, busy environment if necessary
- Able to work with the KC Pet Project team
The Graphic Design Intern for KC Pet Project should be creative and excited about the marketing efforts and branding of the organization. They will be working mainly at home or out of the main shelter location. KC Pet Project is a nonprofit organization that operates the Kansas City, MO animal shelter, caring for more than 10,000 pets a year. We are the largest No Kill shelter in Kansas City and the 3rd largest, open-admission, No Kill shelter in the United States.
Please send cover letter, resume and samples of work to ———– at ———–.