Job Description: Marketing & Graphic Designer – Animal Shelter
Kansas City Pet Project
Title: Marketing & Graphics Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Commitment: This position assists the Director of Marketing & Communications with various facets of KC Pet Project including advertising, events, graphic design, public relations, donor relations, etc.
- Coordinates all marketing collateral pieces and graphics for KC Pet Project
- Assists Director of Marketing & Communications with daily tasks pertaining to the department
- Coordinates and attends special events, offsite adoption events and fundraising events
- Work with media partners for KCPP related news stories and appearances
- Design high-quality flyers, posters, web graphics, cards, etc.
- Provide marketing collateral with fast turnaround (typically 2-7 days)
- Reliably communicates with Director of Marketing & Communications and other staff members who may have project requests
- Assists Director of Development by entering donations into Donor Perfect and managing donation letters
- Effectively communicate through KC Pet Project social media pages and email marketing
- Design elements for KC Pet Project website
- Distribute marketing collateral in the community
- Work adoption events at main shelter, Zona Rosa, and Petco
- Maintain brand standards and KC Pet Project values in your work
- Proficient in design software including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Ability to work from home from own computer/own software and at the main shelter location
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of typography, photo cropping/sizing, image manipulation, digital illustration, 2D composition and color.
- The ability to write clearly and accurately using proper grammar
- Creativity and willingness to try new approaches and receive constructive feedback
- Self-starter who is able to work well independently
- Must be able to work in a crowded, busy environment if necessary
- Able to work with the KC Pet Project team
KC Pet Project is a nonprofit organization that operates the Kansas City, MO animal shelter, caring for more than 10,000 pets a year. We are the largest No Kill shelter in Kansas City and the 3rd largest, open-admission, No Kill shelter in the United States.
Please send cover letter, resume and samples of work to —- at ——.